This is my third night alone in the apartment. Ugh.
Shortly after we moved to Chicago, Austin found out that the client he had been assigned to was in Champaign, IL.
Which is NOT Chicago, IL.
It is 2.5 hours south of here. So early Monday morning through Thursday evening Austin is in Champaign and I am in Chicago.
This is our first week and it will continue for 7 weeks.... at least that's what we are being told now.
I made my first solo trip to the grocery store and it ended in a few swollen tears and some anxiety.
Outside of our apartment, my comfort level is hovering over a zero.
Now, let me clarify.
Going and doing anything NORTH of our apartment, I'm great. Let's go. I even rode the bus by myself.
But asking me to go WEST or SOUTH of here ALONE..... aaahhhhhhh!!!!
The scenery changes and it is just unlike anything that I am used to.
(I am probably going to get in trouble with Austin for this post. He does not share the same feelings with me on the area.)
But, I am hoping with time, I will feel more comfortable in this city.
I'm sad to know that after my first day of school, no one will be here at the apartment. I'm really hoping I come home excited and thrilled, but there is a great chance I will come home exhausted, confused, and emotional. "What have I done?!?!?"
But, I will just have to put my girl pants on and deal with it!
Now you know what's going on in my world.
I am looking forward to Kathleen touching down at Midway airport tomorrow at 2. Hopefully we can do some celebrity stalking on Michigan Avenue and hit all of the Ann Taylor Loft's in Chicago!
G'night,
Haley
No comments:
Post a Comment