Sunday, August 22, 2010

Austin and I ventured north to Lincoln Park last night in search of a backpack...not because that is the only place to find a backpack in Chicago, but Austin was interested in a store called Moosejaw.
Turned out to be a great store! Lots of North Face, Patagonia, Mountain Hardware, etc.
I got a new water bottle for school and a great new backpack. I love everything blue.


Yay for all of my new school supplies tucked away neatly in my new backpack.
Going back to school can be so fun.


After the backpack success, we drove around enjoying Lincoln Park.
We saw DePaul University and some really beautiful homes.
It's everything House Hunters makes it out to be and MORE.

The ride home was a bit more than we bargained for. Somehow thinking we were getting on Lakeshore Drive turned into feeding us right into Michigan Ave just north of the Hancock building. PEOPLE everywhere! An hour later.... we were home.

Unfortunately, Austin didn't make it home on Friday until 7, and he's heading back to Champaign this evening. 48 hours is not near long enough.
We are greatly looking forward to Austin working where we LIVE and PAY RENT. : )

First week of school was far better than I had ever anticipated. In all reality, I LOVED IT.
I know it's early, but I just had a ball.
My teachers are just fabulous. They are so approachable and helpful. Every day I am so thankful I chose to come to ICO.
I've already got 2 great friends in my class and met a few more later in the week that I am looking forward to spending time with this week.
Praise God for his favor!

Sunday night baseball is coming on. That's my cue.
Goodnight from the South Loop.
Haley & Austin


1 comment:

britney said...

how fuuuun!!! makes me want to go back to school too!
love you!!