Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Land of Lincoln


The TB got some new jewerly today.
( That would be my car...the trailblazer.)



I think the TB will be proud to bear the "Land of Lincoln" plates. But I know from teaching first grade that Lincoln was actually born in Kentucky and moved to Illinois as a young boy. So Illinois takes all of the credit for him.

Today I also got my Illinois driver's license.
It's weird.
I passed the vision test. Thank the Lord!
And I made 100% on the written test thanks to hours of studying for fear of failing like a friend I know. I obviously spent way too much time studying.
Which is funny, because I BARELY passed when I was getting my Texas license. I think having driving experience helps you pass the driving test.....interesting.

I rode the bus 4 times today to get all of this finished. I'm feeling a lot better on the bus.
I even chased one down like a local.

Hooray for small victories.
Goodnight from the South Loop.
Haley

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are so proud of all of your accomplishments, but I don't know about those Illinois tags. They make things look too permanent.
Debra & Pepper