Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Two Haleys

"I like this Haley better." - Austin
That would be the Haley that spent hours ironing and doing laundry and has actually made dinner three nights in a row, baked homemade blueberry muffins, and chocolate chip cookies.

And you know, I like this Haley better, too.
I actually enjoyed ironing. It doesn't require much concentration and it feels good to fill the closet with ironed clothes. I like everything ironed. Even our place mats.
Don't judge.

Unfortunately, it's back to reality next week.
Student Haley returns.
But just til mid-May and then school is out for summer!

This week has given me a glimpse into my upcoming summer.
We don't have school this summer and I'm thinking I better find something to do besides iron and cook. Maybe a summer job at school? I would love to just play tennis all day every day. But my buddies are working this summer, too. It's hard to play tennis by yourself.
So I had the idea for us all to meet at the courts each night and I'll bring a picnic dinner and we'll play tennis 'til we can't walk anymore. That sounds like a really good summer to me.

Okay, I'll update soon about our dinner at May Street Cafe. I wish we were going back soon. Like tonight.

1 comment:

Special Deliveries: Storks and More said...

This post made me laugh out loud.....I have plenty of ironing you can do for me.....and this summer I will have an extra bedroom. I think a Houston trip needs to be planned so we can hang out!!!!