Friday, January 1, 2010

New York Day 3

*Warning! Austin & Haley self-portrait OVERLOAD!!! Nausea may occur.*
Day 3 I had been looking forward to since we had arrived. Little did I know how completely exhausting Day 3 would turn out to be. Did you know that your hips can ache from walking the city streets all day?
The day started with a subway ride from Times Square Station to Central Park. We walked all through the park enjoying the quiet and serenity in one of the world's largest cities. It is so remarkable to me that you can literally go to Central Park, sit down on a bench, and not hear a thing. Maybe a squirrel in the leaves, but that's it.
After our morning walk through the park, we had lunch at Columbus Circle and then it was time for more walking. Off to see David Letterman, Hello Deli, Trump Tower, FAO Schwartz, and many other things that we simply walked up to, took a picture, and moved on. Like a checklist I guess. "Saw that. Saw that. Saw that."
We ended the afternoon with hot chocolate in Bryant Park watching the ice skaters and strolling through the Christmas Village of shops set up for the holiday season. Then it was back to the hotel to get ready for The Lion King!
Did you know that a 25 year old female could cry during "Circle of Life" when all of the animals come out on stage and through the aisles and join Mufasa and Sarabia as they present Simba to the kingdom? I'm not saying it did happen. I'm just saying anything's possible. =)
To say that the show was great or excellent is an understatement. It was out of this world good.
Austin and I both thought the actor playing Scar was phenomenal. I had to keep reminding myself that he wasn't really a lion. Just a man pretending to be a lion. His voice, his movements... everything was so convincing. We ended a great day in New York in the best way possible....on Broadway.











Tavern On The Green
The Plaza Hotel.


So I know Austin's hair is a little messed up, but I do love this picture with the ice in the background. Sorry, Austin.


Inside FAO Schwarz.


Optometry School right across the street from Bryant Park! Why didn't I apply here?

Christmas Village at Bryant Park.










1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Ray & I have been in New York City since Monday. Were you in Times Square New Years Eve? It was MADNESS, but worth it. I love NYC, but prefer summer visits!!!
Have fun!