Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New York Day 1


Since there are so many pictures and things I want to blog about from our trip to NYC, I'm splitting it up. So here's to Day 1. Austin and I rode the bus from Philly to New York on Sunday, December 13. The ride was a little over 2 hours and we arrived at our destination late afternoon. And honestly, it was great. We rode Bolt Bus. Anyway, we checked into our hotel, The Iroquois Hotel.This wonderful hotel is on 44th between 5th and 6th. We were steps from Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Bryant Park, etc. It is charming and on the smaller side so it's cozy and you feel like you're going home at the end of each day. The first thing we did was find pizza. It was a short walk through Times Square and on to John's Pizzeria, my favorite New York pizza place (no, not Sbarro, Austin). It was raining like crazy so after we ate we made it back to our hotel to wait out the rain. A little later we went to Rockefeller Center to see the tree and enjoy the cold night.








Saw Radio City on the way to Rockefeller Plaza.

Look at all the people.



1 comment:

bess said...

great pictures...wish I could have been there...especially at John's Pizzaria...love it!!!