Monday, December 20, 2010

dry cleaning

Before we moved to Chicago, I often wondered about the daily chores of life. Where do I go to the grocery store? Do I walk to the pharmacy? Is there a place to park at the dry cleaners?
Tonight the reality of city life hit me right up side the head. Multiple times. I strapped on rubber boots, a down coat, gloves, and a hat and walked 3 and a half blocks (long blocks) in a snow globe to pick up 17 pieces of dry cleaning (with Austin). And then carried them back in the driving wind and snow. How does the wind hit us in the face BOTH ways? And snow globe? Please don't think of a peaceful one that's been gently shaken by your lovely, calm grandmother. Instead think of a three year old who grabbed the snow globe and violently ran through the house with it after eating too much chocolate. Anyway, it was kinda fun. And adventurous. And we weren't the only people picking up our dry cleaning.
I snapped this picture in the dry cleaning place. Toboggan is not my best look, but staying warm is priority!


Currently packing our suitcases for TEXAS TOMORROW!
Yeehaw, and Merry Christmas Y'all!!!

No comments: