It's done!
My first quarter of optometry school is done!
11 weeks and 30 tests down (not an exaggeration).
Man, it feels good.
It's amazing how the hardest thing you've ever done can be the most satisfying thing you've ever done. I am so very blessed to be here in Chicago going to ICO.
I got a kick out of my growing stack of post-it notes from finals week.
Each day as I was studying for the upcoming test/tests, I would make notes on what I wanted to ask my professors about or what pages I wanted to have Austin quiz me on.
I really enjoyed throwing them all away!
After my last final on Saturday, Austin and I rode the bus up Michigan Avenue to eat lunch and walk around the river and just enjoy Chicago. The weather was great. Cold & very fall-like.
About an hour in to our walk, I was falling asleep standing up.
Finals week caught up to me.
So we came home and I took the best nap in the history of naps.
Looking forward to my week off!
Chicago River and the Wrigley Building just over Austin's shoulder.
This is the park that Austin can see from his building downtown. He's been wanting to check it out, so we did. And it was lovely. So peaceful right in the heart of the city.
This is "Aqua." Rated either the top, or second sky scraper IN THE WORLD.
It's incredible. Those are balconies and windows creating what is supposed to look like a canyon wall.
Here's an update on our mums and pumpkins from Goebbert's. I got accused of choosing USC colors for our mums. So I covered by telling Austin that I chose Chi Omega colors, cardinal and straw. Really, I just thought these two looked the best. ;)
Happy last day of October!!
2 comments:
so proud of your and your school endeavors, Haley! Keep at it, friend!
Congrats on your half way point. I bet you are REALLY going to appreciate the week off. Have fun relaxing.
Post a Comment