Sunday, November 22, 2009

Oh, Christmas Tree, Oh, Christmas Tree!




My set of three nutcrackers from the three Hobson girls!

Our first "Big Cedar Lodge"
ornament from Austin's parents.

Our second "Big Cedar Lodge" ornament from Austin's parents!
I love these ornaments!

(I broke my own rule and put the Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving. We are going to be traveling some in December, so we wanted to make sure we had enough time of enjoyment with our tree. )
When Austin and I were engaged, we had a wonderful Christmas engagement party hosted by family. The idea was for our guests to bring us an ornament for our first Christmas tree. It has been such a blessing to us every year as we put up our tree to remember that great party and each ornament and who gave it to us. We have the best time talking about our friends and family. Here are some pictures of our tree.....it still needs some work. I am headed to Hobby Lobby tomorrow for inspiration.

P.S. Marriage is about compromise, right? So Austin and I have a tree with white lights and we string our own large bulb colored lights throughout the tree. Sometimes we have just white lights on and sometimes we have both colored and white lights on our tree! I love it.

No comments: