Sunday, February 10, 2008

6 Degrees and Falling





Today was the coldest day of my life. The high today reached 6 degrees with a wind chill of -15 to -30 degrees. We decided it would be "fun" to get bundled up and go the grocery store. Austin bought a lot of extra firewood and had a warm fire going all day. It was the best! We have a digital thermometer--one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Thanks to the fire, it was 5 degrees warmer in the living room than in the bedroom. It's almost impossible to keep an apartment warm when it's 4 degrees outside. There are a lot of schools in the area closing for tomorrow. Unfortunately for us, Notre Dame NEVER closes, so we'll be puttin' along to work/school tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Good morning Mrs Puryear,

Glad you have a fire to keep warm. I can't imagine what 6 degrees feels.

I love your coffee table....you should have know I would have noticed that.:-).

I love you girly and can't wait to see you and your hubby....Take care and stay warm.

Kimi