Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chi-Town












We luuuuuuuv Chicago! This Saturday we set out for a day trip to our favorite city with our friends Corey and Val. Val is a huge U2 fan and U2 has a new movie out...it's a movie of one of their concerts in Buenos Aires. It was at the IMAX theatre at Navy Pier. The movie is in 3D and it was sooooo cool! I wish we had pictures of the actual movie because there were times when Bono and I were looking each other in the eyes.




Since the movie was at Navy Pier, we decided to head to the city early so we could explore. One thing we found at Navy Pier was Bob the Builder and when I came out of the bathroom, there was Corey, on stage with Bob. I just had to snap a picture! He's hilarious.




While we were walking around, Austin and I shared a Chicago hot dog. This is the best hot dog you will ever eat! Let me tell you what all comes on a Chicago hot dog : it is a vienna beef dog on a steamed poppy seed bun with mustard, onions, relish, tomato, a pickle, sport peppers, and celery salt. Sounds crazy, I know, but once you give it a try, you will love it!!




After the movie, we went to Giordano's, this fabulous Chicago pizza place. If you haven't had Chicago style pizza, my friend, you are missing out! It is wonderfully delicious. here is the website http://www.giordanos.com/ incase you are curious.




At the end of all that fun, it was time to head home. We are so thankful that we are close to Chicago and hope that we can make it back many more times before we move back to Texas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - pawpaw would love that hot dog!!! Looking forward to seeing Chicago. Stay warm.
Love,
MawMaw

Kim said...

Hey guys,

Sounds like you had a blast...and that hot dog and pizza...WOW...how can you ever go back to a regular hot dog and pizza after that...I would LOVE to try one of those hot dogs sounds like something I would LOVE!!

I'm sure enjoying your blog so keep on bloggin!

Love you both,
Kimi