Monday, August 1, 2011

Gotta get away ...

A few weeks ago, I was feeling like I needed more green in my life and a good whiff of the country air. So we headed east for a Saturday in South Bend, IN... our old Notre Dame stomping grounds. And she did not disappoint. Seeing people in their casual clothes and greeting one another because they knew each other was such a blessing to see. It was like being in a small town again. A nice long walk on campus, a visit to our old apartment complex, and dinner at our favorite restaurant and it was time to head back to Chicago, genuinely refreshed.















Our old apartment. We watched a lot of snow fall from those windows!


A pic of the tennis courts where we fell in love with tennis.
And I would get mad at Austin for not being serious about it and say,
"play tennis!"
Oh, geee wizz, good thing he doesn't take me too seriously.
What a fantastic year we had at Notre Dame.
Thank you, Lord.

2 comments:

Special Deliveries: Storks and More said...

I remember staying with you guys in that very apartment. What great memories!!! Love you, see you shortly ;-)

Valerie said...

Oh Runaway Bay, such good times. Totally jealous you live so close to ND.